Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Blessing of Birds






We found this bird craft from No Time for Flash Cards and
had a blast making it!
Before my husband leaves each morning, he puts our 18 month old in bed beside me, gives me a sweet kiss, and heads off work (or wuk, as Little Mister says). Then, around 7:00, Little Mister and I awake to Little Lady telling me that she's ready to nurse and the sound of the birds chirping in the trees in front of our house. While Little Mister sits in bed with me for the twenty-ish minutes that I nurse, we spend a lot of time listening to and talking about the birds: how they sound, what they use to build nests, how many eggs they may have, the food they will feed their babies, etc.  Since birds are such a hot topic in our house right now, I thought it might be fun to do some bird crafts! With the help of my sister, Brittney (Auntie Boota), we gathered supplies for a fun afternoon of bird crafting!

These tasty bird nests from Mama Jenn were super easy and fun
for this mama and her little one! (The only thing I would change would
be to use milk chocolate chips instead of simi-sweet chips, but
this is just a personal preference.)


Levi's favorite part was eating the "eggs"
or M&Ms out of the nests... notice the
blue lips...
And just for some added sweetness!

No comments: